Mobile American Football Betting
If you are a fan of mobile sports betting, chances are you have had a go at mobile American Football betting. American Football is one of the most popular betting sports anywhere in the world. In the world of American Football, the NFL provides the biggest betting opportunities. The NFL or National Football League is a professional American football league consisting of 32 teams, divided equally between the National Football Conference (NFC) and the American Football Conference (AFC). It is probably one of the biggest football tournaments in the world and attracts fans from all over the globe. If you are going to be betting on American football, you will probably be betting on NFL games.
Types of Mobile American Football Bets
When it comes to mobile American football betting, it is best to know all about the NFL as this is what most of the betting will be based around. The NFL season format consists of a four-week preseason, a seventeen-week regular season, and a twelve-team single-elimination playoff culminating in the Super Bowl, the league’s championship game. There are many types of bets available in in mobile American football betting. For the novice bettor, many of these bets can seem a bit confusing. To make things easy for you we explain the most common types of American Football NFL bets below:
- Spread Betting – Spread betting is the most common type of betting in the NFL. This is where bookmakers use the point spread. The point spread levels the playing field, making betting on either the favourite or the underdog equally attractive. Either the favourite has to win by the margin listed, or the underdog has a buffer to lose the game by that margin, or win it outright.
- Money line bet – In a Money line bet a bettor simply picks the team he thinks will win the game. The online bookmakers with then set the line for the game. The favourites will be represented with lower odds while the underdogs will be given higher odds.
- Totals betting – In mobile American Football betting, this is also known as over/under betting. This is where a bettor must predict the total combined score of the teams in the game. Bookmakers will set the score line and bettors must predict if the score will be above or below the set score line.
- Parlay betting – A parlay, is a selection of two to twelve wagers that are linked together. Winning the bet is dependent on all of the wagers winning. If even one of the wagers loses, the entire parlay loses.
- Future bets – Future bets are bets that allow bettors to pick a team to win the AFC Championship, NFC Championship, and Super Bowl. Bettors can also bet if a team will go over or under the posted season total wins.
Before You Start Betting
Mobile American Football betting can be quite complicated. For the novice bettor, it is best to start with a standard money line bet or spread bet. Once a bettor has learned more about the teams and individual players, they can then move on to more exotic types of bets. As with any type of sports betting, the more a bettor knows about the teams, the greater his chances of placing a winning bet.